SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Were Vikings in Maine? Let me Map it Out For You...

Were Vikings in Maine

WERE VIKINGS IN MAINE?  YES. VIKINGS WERE IN MAINE. 

I'll be doing my best from my research to lay out the evidence to make you a believer too.  One thing to keep in mind, are the pieces.  You have to play like a detective (like tiny puzzle pieces) and realize, when looked at individually, alone they may be skeptical at best.  However, when you look at all the pieces together, and start to put them in place like a jigsaw puzzle, then you start to see the whole picture come to life and the amount of evidence is astonishing. 

WHY DO PEOPLE SAY VIKINGS IN MAINE (Stones, Penny) WAS A HOAX? 

I was upset that so many people even in the scientific community, downplayed the Norse Penny or the Spirit Pond Stones, as if they were a hoax. Although I don't agree with them, and it is my opinion they rushed to judgement, we first must explain WHY. 

Perhaps at the time these items were found and presented, it was unfathomable that Vikings made it to Maine (before Christopher Columbus).You also have to remember, five decades ago, the world was a different place.  To help you understand, it was a time when all people were not equal. Women were not paid as well as men in the workplace.  Gays had to hide their relationships.  Hair spray was overused.  Doors weren't locked at night.  Cars were big metal things.  They weren't any cellphones. Technology wasn't as good as it was now. It was a world perhaps, primitive in thinking compared to now. 

THE ARCHAEOLOGY COMMUNITY THEN

I talked to a very famous Archaeologist who is no longer with us about making judgements, as he came up with theories that no one else agreed with, and challenged others.  (Rip Jack). Although his research was primarily Native American sites, he explained to me that back in the day, one person came up with the theory, and many agreed.  It was a small community of Archaeologists, and everyone knew each other.  To disagree or challenge a mentor, or elder's well respected opinion or theory, could cost you your career, or be cast out of the clique so to speak.  Thank Goodness old Jack was different, he wrote hundreds of publications about his discoveries.   

THE WORLD HAS CHANGED NOW

Fast forward to the past few decades.  New technology mixed with new discoveries will open people's eyes. Just when will they really start exploring Maine? Maybe when a certain someone gets involved. 
Until then, you'll just have to take my word for it. 


MY RESEARCH: 

I have been researching this for years.  Going to potential key coastal points in Maine where Vikings could have landed, reading everything I could get my hands on.  Many antique sagas (old tales, prose and stories) and books were written and skate over the topics of Vikings landing and exploring Vinland and Markland (which I believe to be Canada and Maine). 

Now new interest in Viking history thanks to Hollywood and TV shows shed more interest. Emerging Pagan communities have more to say.  Clues lay in the book pages , some of my books' date back centuries, however, I even went further to start to learn Icelandic and Old Norse to find out more clues. Suffice to say, I'm not doing very well in the language learning but perhaps by the time a key archaeologist proves my words true, speaking broken Icelandic won't matter anymore anyways.   

HOW AM I SO SURE? 

I have to write this blog because I am haunted by Vikings who want their story told. I was born an empath, and although that won't hold up in a professional discussion with an archaeologist as proof, I started on this quest to write my own and to put the truth out there. 

I hope you can say you heard it here first. 

For the Vikings, with Love. 

Dádýranorn

-----------------------------------------------Evidence Below-------------------------------------------

Maps Of Interest



Books of Interest


Post a Comment